Why do we use it, and how does it impact us today? It’s a 3-part series. Today will be the first of those three.
Show Notes: (click the time next to each entry to jump to that portion of the audio)
- 02:18 - Quotes regarding gold - Ibn Khaldun and Karl Marx
- 03:27 - Intro to the gold lecture series
- 08:03 - Gold is a value peg
- 09:26 - Individual governments' holdings of gold and understanding the standard
- 09:54 - The origins and history of gold to the beginnings of recorded history.
Message from producer Brian: If you’d like to visit Bill’s previous tributes, click on the following;
- His recent birthday wish to his father from June 7, 2017, click here. (24:29 minutes into the audio)
- A brief story about his father in a post called ‘Deja vu All Over Again’ (link jumps directly to that part in the story). – From March 10, 2015
- His 92nd birthday wishes and a more detailed account of his father’s experiences in Iwo Jima (post from 2016, tribute to Bill’s father is at 20:16 into the audio) from June 7, 2016