Today’s show needs to be heard by all. I invite you all to share this on social media and beyond. For those who haven’t seen it before, the new site includes an index of points in the show that We’re expecting a Fed rate hike next month. If the Fed is going to raise rates next month then why is the ten-year bond going higher?
I can hear them say…
- “Get on board, dot com stocks can only go higher.” (1999)
- “Get on board, the stock market is just getting going at 16,000.” (1998)
- “Get on board Amazon just hit a 1000, nothing can stop the Tech market now.” (2017)
Show Notes: (click the time next to each entry to jump to that portion of the audio)
- 00:30 - What are the odds of a rate hike?
- 00:57 - Questions about the decision behind the rate hike based on only a 7/10 percent increase in GDP
- 02:30 - What happened to Treasuries the last three times rates went up? It's a bit contradictory.
- 03:53 - Econ 101 as a primer for what to expect this week.
- 08:11 - Where do they think the 10-year will go - where do I think it willl go...and why?
- 10:33 - Where smart money goes - and what their positions are.
- 15:29 - Is Amazon's closing at 1000 a place to sell?
- 17:00 - What happens historically to stocks when they hit the round numbers.
- 18:43 - Not seeing the signs and what it means
- 23:20 - The Europeans introduce a new product in an old wrapper, securitization of Sovereign Debt