The market keeps going higher, or does it?
I do a comparison with the nifty fifty of the 1960’s, the dot com’s and the mortgage companies like Household, of 2007. How is it all progressing? Rising and falling prices are not inflation or deflation but are simply the results.
Sales (both wholesale and retail) are non existent. And if you’re not spending money on butter it may be time to spend on guns.
Show Notes: (click the time next to each entry to jump to that portion of the audio)
- 01:00 - Taking a real look behind the rise in the stock market.
- 02:10 - The history of the "Nifty 50" and the dot coms.
- 03:40 - Using that historical data in context for today. What is the average company doing?
- 09:18 - I examine the lack of cash and consumer's reluctance toward credit to prove the 800 lb. gorilla, DEFLATION, is still front and center
- 20:23 - How to get rid of deflation - Why the Fed has it wrong.
- 25:00 - Trump ups the spending in Syria and Afghanistan.